Friday, September 10, 2010

think, think, think

When I had my first child, I was obsessed with Pooh.  I don't know if that has anything to do with my kids now being obsessed with poo, but we'll leave that story for another day.  So, where was I?  In the bathroom? 

Huh.  Funny how that happens.

Oh, yes.  Think, think, think.  One of the key phrases in our house came from Pooh, "think, think, think."  Or when we were extra smarty, "piensa, piensa, piensa."  Back then I knew how to spell it, now I'm gonna have to dictionary.com it, realize it's Spanish, and then go find a real dictionary.  Nah,  too much work; we'll survive.

That's what it's all about, right?  Survival?  No? 

Huh.  Funny how that happens.

So in my direct way.  *snort*  I'm getting around to sharing a cool blog.  It's called:  Think!  A program designed to encourage kids to think outside the box.  I'm kind of relieved that it's for kids... I kinda feel off the hook from the whole thinking thing.  And I'm okay with that.  I think. 

Dang it.

Soball.

The kids did a pansy little challenge the other day.  Or so I thought.  I actually had to leave the room and put some earphones on in hopes of centering myself while they haggled around about the two pantry items.  'Cept it wasn't such a great idea, cause then my hearing aids just rang and rang.  So I went and took the bag of marshmallows and snarfed the whole thing down.   That was better.

'Cept I didn't really. 

Shoulda. Coulda. 

I'm hungry, be right back.

Mm-mmm,

So the challenge: 
Food Creations  ( I have a thing for food, so sadly, I couldn't resist.)
Choose 4 items from your pantry, 2 from your refrigerator and and 2 from your yard. You may use either tape, paperclips, or pencils as well. You may use other tools for construction but not in the solution.
Your challenge: make a vehicle.




For as simple as it looks, (and I missed the stick exhaust pipe on the other side) and as painful as it was to begin the project with 5 different ideas (and marshmallows) rolling around I was impressed that they actually came up with something that passed for a vehicle. 

In my eyes, the true challenge was working as a group and enjoying the activity.  Once they figured out I ate the marshmallows, er, how to listen to each other they were all smiles and laughs while asking for another challenge.

I think the next one will entail cleaning out that basket above Megan's head.  Or seeing how many mallows they can fit in my mouth. 

Something to float my boat.

Funny how that happens.


No comments:

 
Designed by Lena